In the Heart Failure Clinic at Tampa Heart, cardiologists specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure will take care of you.
We have extensive experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating heart failure. We provide regular office visit assessments, optimal adjustment of medical therapy, diet and exercise regimen for prolonged lifespan and improved quality of life.
To determine the type of your heart failure, we may conduct tests including:
- Echocardiogram (Heart Ultrasound)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac MRI and CT scan
- Nuclear stress testing
Your treatment may include lifestyle changes, medications, implantation of medical devices or surgery. Depending on the type of heart failure, treatment may include procedures such as:
- Cardiac catheterization with stent placement.
- Mitra-Clip implantation.
- Implantation of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)
- Implantation of pacemakers, including biventricular pacemakers
- Implantation of a pulmonary artery monitoring device (Cardiomems Device)
- Implantation of ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant for some people who have advanced heart failure